YouthForce Teamwork Internship
About the Teamwork Program:
YouthForce’s Teamwork Internship Program offers teens a meaningful entry-level work experience supported by caring adults, positive peer and professional networks, and on the job training. TeamWork Interns play key roles during Seattle Seahawks home games (and other events as needed), delivering the best possible game-day experience for fans and gathering data to improve CenturyLink Field business practices. The TeamWork Internship Program extends beyond the game day job; teens must also participate in college readiness, career exploration, and financial literacy workshops held throughout the season in addition to periodic volunteer events. Interns who are in good standing at the end of each season are invited to apply for the following season if they still meet the eligibility requirements.
About YouthForce University:
YFU Curriculum focuses on topics that prepare interns for landing their next job, excelling in that job, and developing a plan for after high school. YFU uses workshops, events, conferences, and one-on-one check-ins to help prepare interns to achieve their post-high school plan and be successful after their internship ends. Interns are REQUIRED to attend YFU workshops/events to maintain eligibility to work within the TeamWork Internship Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Interns will work as members of the Seahawks Fan Support and Research & Development Teams at every Seahawks home game (and other events at CenturyLink Field).
Job activities include:
• Interacting directly with fans with a positive attitude
• Providing assistance and directional support to fans who need it
• Collecting data on business metrics, such as wait times at gate and concession lines
• Communicating and collaborating with peer interns, peer supervisors, and the TeamWork Program staff
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Qualifications: This is a job for teens who strive to take the extra step to improve the Seahawks fan experience. Great qualifications include:
• Ability to communicate effectively with peers and supervisors
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Dependability/responsibility: able to manage work, school, and social schedule
• Experience organizing events in your school or community
• Involvement in school or community programs and/or membership at a local Boys & Girls Club
• Students must show success in school attendance and grades throughout the season; we believe that school is every teen’s first and most important job.
• Ability to accurately capture data using tools and technology provided
• Ability to stay focused on the job task, not the event.
o NO positions allow staff to watch the event at any time
• Ability to stand for long periods of time (unless physically unable to stand)
• Ability to withstand the weather elements (sun, rain, wind, freezing temperatures, etc.) for long periods of time
• Ability to handle the loud noises from the stadium and its guests
• Resident of King County
• Must be 18 years old (must turn 18 by 8/1/17)
*If you do not meet the minimum requirements or qualifications but would like to apply, please contact YouthForce at Teamwork.firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.436.1843 to speak with a staff person about your eligibility.
August 2017 through December 2017/January 2018.
Interns must be available to work ALL Seattle Seahawks home games and other events at CenturyLink Field as needed
Interns will need to travel to CenturyLink Field, 800 Occidental Ave S., Seattle, WA 98134
No benefits are provided.
1) Click the link above to "Apply Now"
2) Create a profile
3) Follow the steps and complete EVERY part of the application
*YouthForce does not require a Resume or Cover Letter
** Please complete the application on a computer/laptop (not a smartphone!)
Disclaimer: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job. All offers are contingent upon passing a thorough background check including a National Criminal History Background check.