Boys & Girls Clubs of King County is the third largest major metro Boys & Girls Clubs in the US.
If you are passionate about youth development, love to connect with people, have a
proven track record of results with youth and want to be part of an expanding
Youth Development team, Boys & Girls Clubs might be your next big step!
We serve over 17,000 children annually in 12 Clubs, 2 Teen Centers and
27 Early Learning & Child Care Centers around King County. Come help us help kids.
Summer Camp Staff
Assist the Summer Camp Director in designing and facilitating programs in an assigned area. Expected to communicate with and
motivate youth in a positive manner. Balance of responsibility is split between working directly with youth, ensuring their safety, well-being and development through interactive play and supporting the administrative functions and program planning of the Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish programs, activities, and services that prepare youth for success while creating a Club environment that facilitates Youth Development Outcome achievement.
• Ensure a healthy and safe environment while maintaining facilities, equipment and supplies.
• Plan, develop, implement and evaluate programs, services, and activities.
• Ensure a productive work environment.
• Supervise the performance and develop the professional skills of all assigned staff and volunteers.
• Develop and maintain public relations with all stakeholders.
• Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor.
• Communicate daily to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions.
• Support external contact as instructed with community groups, schools, member’s parents and others as directed by supervisor.
• Youth development experience preferred.
• Good organization and attention to detail, professional presence, strong customer relations skills and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Understanding of youth development principles, ability to motivate youth in a positive way.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School diploma, GED, or currently enrolled in college.
- Youth development experience preferred.
- Some positions require a Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record as determined by BGCKC Vehicle Loss Prevention Program, must be 21 years old or older to drive Club owned and operated vehicles.
- When applying, please indicate for what position you are applying for. Successful completion of National Criminal History Background check.
- Knowledge and/or experience working with a non-profit youth development agency, Boys & Girls Club experience preferred.
- Good organization and attention to detail, professional presence, strong customer relations skills and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Understanding of youth development principles, ability to motivate youth in a positive way.
- Ability to learn and support new ideas for the good of the Club. Minimum 1 year of experience with school age children.
- Able to communicate effectively with children and other adults.
- TB test results required prior to employment.
- HIV/AIDS and BBP certification (within one
month of hire).
9453 Coppertop Loop NE
Bainbridge Island, Washington, 98110
Hourly, $15.00 - 16.00
Disclaimer: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job. All offers are contingent upon passing a thorough background check including a National Criminal History Background check.