Boys & Girls Clubs of King County is the third largest major metro Boys & Girls Clubs in the US.
If you are passionate about youth development, love to connect with people, have a
proven track record of results with youth and want to be part of an expanding
Youth Development team, Boys & Girls Clubs might be your next big step!
We serve over 17,000 children annually in 12 Clubs, 2 Teen Centers and
27 Early Learning & Child Care Centers around King County. Come help us help kids.
Oversees the Teen Drop-in Center and teen targeted programs. Ensures an outcome driven club experience in our three priority areas: Academic Success, Good Character and Citizenship and Healthy Lifestyles. Leads a broad range of quality youth development programs which promote physical activity, pro-social engagement, community service, career and academic development. Ensures teen staff implement programs which utilize the 5 Key Elements of Youth Development:
1) A safe, positive environment - staff, facilities and programs create stability, consistency and a sense of physical and emotional safety for members.
2) Fun - Staff makes the club feels like home, fostering a family atmosphere & creating a sense of ownership & belonging for members.
3) Supportive Relationships - Staff actively cultivates meaningful relationships to ensure every member feels connected to one or more adults and peers.
4) Opportunities and Expectations- staff provides a wider-range of programming for members to learn new skills while staff establish and reinforce high expectations.
5) Recognition- Youth are encouraged and provided positive reinforcement as they make improvements and experience successes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Recruits, hires, leads and supervises program staff and volunteers. Maintains accurate staff paperwork, documentation and ensures staff and volunteers have appropriate certifications and trainings.
• Provides supervision and coaching in a one-on-one setting to support program staff with performance and professional development goals.
• Inspires and involves program staff in program development and implementation.
• Ensures program equipment and areas are maintained on a daily basis.
• Researches best practice programs and proven methods for teen development both within Boys & Girls Clubs Movement and throughout the field of Youth Development.
• Using the Formula for Impact (FFI), Youth Program Quality Assessment (YPQA), and other assessment/evaluations/surveys – to plan, develop, implement and evaluate programs, services and activities in accordance with our mission that properly prepare youth for success in 3 primary focus areas: 1) Academic Success, 2) Good Character & Citizenship and 3) Healthy Lifestyle.
• Plans and ensures proper implementation and facilitation of BGCA programing.
• Leads teen program staff meetings. Attends and engages in trainings as it relates to youth development, programming, policy, and staffing, at Club and appropriate county-wide program meetings and quality improvement efforts.
• Ensures overall safety of teens attending the Teen Center. Trains new staff on safety and ensures compliance with safety policies for the Teen Center.
• Maintains proper documentation of club members including tracking priority outcomes, duration and frequency of attendance, incidents, etc.
• Administrative and fiscal functions including, overseeing budget, record keeping, reporting, data entry, data evaluation, program management, and attention to impact-measurement initiatives, program reports and grant writing support and management.
• Leads marketing and advertisement of teen programs to meet club or regional daily attendance goals within specified time frames.
• Participates in special programs, events and other projects as directed by Club Director or Operations Director.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• BA Degree in applicable field, MA Degree Preferred (7+ years’ experience with relevant certifications may substitute for college experience in some cases).
• 2+ years’ staff management experience including hiring, training, supervising staff (or successful evidence of transferrable skills).
• 5+years working within a youth development program or agency in a leadership role (i.e. program lead/manager/director), Teen and Boys & Girls Club experience preferred.
• A Current Driver License, Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record as determined by BGCKC Vehicle Loss Prevention Program, (must be 21 years old or older to drive Club owned and operated vehicles).
• Current CPR and First Aid Certifications or ability to complete within 30 days of employment.
• Experience mentoring, modeling and guiding youth utilizing strengths-based techniques.
• Fiscal management experience including creating and maintaining program budgets.
• Understands relevant youth development principles that apply to teens from diverse populations and situations including the ability to motivate teens in a positive way.
• Strong customer relations skills, ability to remain calm under in stressful situation and maintain strict confidentiality.
• Propose, learn, support and implement new ideas for the good of the Club.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and experience with Microsoft Office Suite and database knowledge.
9453 Coppertop Loop NE
Bainbridge Island, Washington, 98110
This position is full time. May require evenings and weekends depending on the need of the program.
Salary, $38,000.00 - 38,000.00
Depending on Experience
Disclaimer: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job. All offers are contingent upon passing a thorough background check including a National Criminal History Background check.